Sunday, April 26, 2009

Twittering- End of one week (subtitle - Addiction)

Last time I wrote about my Twittering, I really had no idea what I was doing, and missed the fine points of this amazing tool. I started with the scattergun approach, got a few follows, but did not really understand how it worked. I was just amazed that people found me at all. I had no name, no cred, no industry followers (from any industry) but plenty of internet entrepreneurs wanting my attention.

Internet Entrepreneurs...now there is a topic for another day...

Now it is Sunday night, I am up to 270 followers. I am amazed by this and only about a quarter are random, non digital art/bookstore/library/academic/artist/designer/gamer people. I am focusing on these areas for now as they are the ones ultimately who care about the books first and my blog/rantings second. I have so far spent untold hours answering every follow, finding fresh people, exploring the followers of my followers, writing directly to people who have written directly to me, responding to tweets, writing my own about either stuff , artists I like, events concerning Ballistic, books alerts, bookstores that carry Ballistic, the list goes on. And I have only just scratched the surface here!

I could effectively spend the next month or two just working twitter, connecting properly with key news groups for retwitterings, and establishing a whole new publicity list to get our word out to. I have subscribed to a few twitter help sites to really work the business end of it, but that will take time too! All of a sudden I have an outrageously full schedule!

So to wrap it up, twitter is going to be a fantastic tool, and with a bit of fine tuning will be able to really make it sing. The key is to manage this new addiction, because it is the new crack.

1 comment:

  1. I like write an article,but I can't write a good article!
    I admire people who write good articles.
    Tomorrow is a new week ,With good luck~~~

    ReplyDelete